I am so excited to have been nominated three times for the Liebster Award for blogs with under 200 followers!!!
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
1. I color my hair to match the season - darker in fall & winter, lighter in spring & summer - 'cause I need that tan to shine with some blonde streaks in the spring, y'all!
2. I once bought a house that was the color of Pepto Bismal, in Omaha, Nebraska. We had it painted almost immediately!
3. Even though my Tigers lost last night, I still absolutely LOVE them with all my bright orange heart!
4. My first job was scooping ice cream in brown elastic-waist polyester pants...nasty!
5. My house looks like Santa and all his elves threw up all over it - we began decorating today, and after 12 hours, I have every single Christmas item I've ever owned all over the house, and I have the mantle done!
6. I don't think I can stand one more Spongebob episode...but my sweet little Clare seems to be addicted, so I guess we'll see...
7. I graduated from high school the year my next door neighbor teacher was BORN!
8. No matter what, I'll never forget my first field trip, as a teacher, when one sweet little girl asked what time it was in Charleston, SC (we left from Greenville, SC), and if you could spend a sand dollar. So innocent and precious!
9. My mom told me not to be a teacher.
10. I secretly (not anymore) wish I could be an event planner or an interior designer.
11. Because my mantle is decorated, my clock is gone, and I've looked up at a wreath at least 45 times today to check the time.
My Questions for You:
1. What grade is your favorite, and are you currently teaching it?
2. What's your secret stash at school - you know, post-it's, tape, or colored pencils?
3. If you have a favorite subject, what is it and why?
4. How are you implementing the CCSS standards in your classroom?
5. Post a picture of your room for us to see - I know, not a question, but the question is, what's it look like where you teach your babies?
6. What holiday tradition is most important to you?
7. Does your school have clubs, and if so, what and when are they?
8. How do you teach guided reading?
9. What blogger was your inspiration for beginning your own blog?
10. Be honest, we won't tell your husband - how much do you spend on school stuff?
11. What is your most memorable moment as a teacher?
Congratulations and have fun!