Also, i've been working pretty hard this week on so many things my head's just about spun off:
1. Learning a new reading series and the common core ELA alignment.
2. Trying to teach place value, addition, subtraction, and strategies for all three at the same time to 7-year-olds, who have been in school for exactly 4 days.
3. Recovering from a broken foot, which showed as sprained on the x-ray, June 30th, but broken with several torn ligaments and tendons in an MRI last Tuesday (the first day of school)!
4. Trying to keep my head above water at home and school, when i'm an official member of the "single married mothers club", which i invented, and only means my husband works out of town most of the time.
5. Still trying to perfect my schedule, classroom, and routines with my new babies (whom i absolutely adore, already).
i just completed a unit of games and a craftivity that i used to teach the commutative rule, as one of the strategies we can use to help memorize basic facts (a biggie in second grade). It's called Flip Floppin' Math, and you can find it here on my TPT store. My kids loved all the games and making their own flip flops. i'll have to take some photos to post for you - they are all so cute!
And, by the way, GO TIGERS - yes, the Clemson ones, not the Auburn ones!