Sorry, Friends! I've been taking care of my precious Clare Bear for a few days, while she recuperated from having a tonsillectomy. What a trouper! She was eating mac & cheese by day two, and wanted to go "somewhere fun" by day three.
|in the recovery room|
|same day, recovering at home!|
While we were
|preschool candy shop|
1. Got the hubby's biggest shoe box (hinged lid is best).
2. Covered the main box part inside and out with paper of your choice (I used wrapping paper outside, and scrapbook paper inside). Cover that with clear Contact paper.
3. Used the lid to cut out a semi-circle (leaving it attached if you have a hinged box) and two rectangles (from the scraps of the semi-circle. I cut the rectangles from a side that was against the folded-over part, so that it had some extra cardboard and was pre-scored for easier folding.
4. Covered these with paper and contact paper, too.
5. Got my glue gun ready!
6. Made sort of a frame back, from one of the rectangles, and hot glued it near the top of the semi-circle and to the top of the box. Glued the other rectangle to the top of the box for the first rectangle to rest against. This contraption holds the semi-circle upright.
7. Using die cut letters, or stickers, decorated the semi-circle.
|my candy shop|
So, that's all I have ready for you today, but I have a list at least a mile long to get ready by the end of the week. Be sure to check back, and be looking for more items on my store at Teachers Pay Teachers by next week, I promise!